Friday, April 15, 2011

Holding on Tight

Nothing else can describe it
as well as this:
after two days of labour
believing in my imminent death
gripped and twisted by agonising pain
I have to find a way to survive
I want to live so badly
So I grab his arms
and dig in my nails
and I pin down those eyes
and decide they will not move
one milimiter
yes, do it!
stick it in
my body is twitching with contractions
so bloody close
too close
and still not close enough
but I stare with my eyeballs
all dried up
and I will not move
one milimiter
while they dig up my spine
and play with the nerves
and hopefully
are skilled enough
to leave me with all my movement
intact

iron focus
with the earth spinning
and nausea all around me
it doesnt matter
we shall overcome
because
I want to live so badly

I hold on to Hope
tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment