Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Ultimate Path

It started with an occassional glimpse a little while ago.
Then they started to roll and stick all together
like mercury
and the blob of the glimpse is now expanding in me,
growing like a tree.
I have seen that place beyond fear.
And I can tell you
It is scary in that tunnel that connects Here and Beyond fear...
Safe feelings can be induced Here with sufficient repetition,
a marriage perhaps and many promises restated,
a house, a career and a savings account
if you just keep on working on it day by day.
There is no fear Beyond fear-
people walk tall and true and all masks have fallen
there is nothing to fear as there is nothing else but you and Love.
But it is terrifying in that in-between place
that pulls you back like gravity
and so few make the passage...
Who will hold my hand while the vision expands in my heart.
Who will walk with me.
Perhaps on the other side we can sit on the rocks
survey the moon-lit landscape like that night in Ireland
and marvel at the expanse of Life, Love and Us.

No comments:

Post a Comment