Saturday, March 5, 2011

Straight to the Core

The Natives call it The Realm of the Dead.

Could they mean the state of being
where most of my time is occupied
desperately trying to distract myself
from that live stream of feeling,
thought, emotion
that constantly bubbles inside...
But it is too hard to tolerate it
so I will buy some chocolate
or go see a friend,
I might talk
or I might just have a drink and a laugh
or I might read a new book
even call my family
to feel heard and understood-
well, isnt that great???
Isnt that whats called LIFE???

The Natives call it the Realm of the Dead.

The LIFE thats alive
keeps bubbling in me
like a brook
it just is
it doesnt ask for anything

My choice then is
feel it and ride it
or close that door
and pass time
in the Realm of the Dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment